Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ghosts and Books!

If you've been reading along you know I am into both books and ghosts. 

One of the paranormal shows on Syfy that I enjoy is Haunted Collector, which revolves around John Zaffis and his team of paranormal investigators, two of whom are his son and daughter. I had the pleasure of listening to John speak in the past. He was interesting, articulate, well-informed, and pretty darn cool. I learned later that he is nephew of Ed and Lorraine Warren, noted paranormal investigators (Amityville Horror).

Mr. Zaffis opened a paranormal museum to house the 'affected' objects he has collected over the years. It is currently closed due to the shooting schedule for Haunted Collector. I was considering visiting it at some point in time but maybe not. A mutual friend recently told me a story about the process of moving the objects from John's house to the museum. Objects are 'cleansed' via a binding ritual performed by members of the clergy, although this ritual does not always remove whatever is attached to the object. Apparently things got very interesting when the objects were temporarily displaced and the binding rituals had to be repeated. So maybe I'll give that visit careful consideration. You never know. 

I caught an episode of one of the many (too many for my husband's taste but not too many for mine) paranormal shows airing these days, and it contained a segment about some folks' experiences at Browse Awhile Books in Tipp City, Ohio. (Facebook, couldn't find a website for the bookstore) So I was intrigued when a recent episode of Haunted Collector featured this very same bookstore. Even cooler that it made the Huffington Post news.

Claims made include the presence of a child spirit, and toys are left out for the child to play with. The team caught a small ball move quickly sideways as if it had been pushed. The team also caught a book falling off the shelf, a book that was spine out, in between other like-shelved books. The book was an Anne Perry book, one of my favorite authors.

So it appears that I have something in common with a ghost!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment