Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scary or Sweet?

Keep in mind while reading that before my shopping spree I just watched a movie about a seemingly normal guy who was a stalker of the worst kind ...

I finished picking up all the items on my shopping list at my local grocery store. Of course when I got home I realized that I'd forgotten something, but that is usually what happens when you feel confident that you can remember everything in your head. But that is not the point of my little story.

It was another busy day, and because I had an item that was not scan-able I decided to use the human-manned checkout. Lucky for me my item count did not exceed the 15 item express lane limit so I was able to take advantage of the quicker checkout option. 

The cashier was a young man, pleasant face, average looking. The only thing out of kilter was that while scanning the items of the woman in front of he kept talking to himself under his breath. He did not appear to be angry or upset, so I assumed he was perhaps counting the items he was scanning. I was not close enough to hear, nor was I paying very close attention.

When it was my turn he asked me how my day was going, which was very nice, and we exchanged the usual resulting pleasantries. At the same time a pretty young lady got in line behind me, and when he looked up at her he mumbled. "Oh no."

Strange, thinks I, and then he says to himself in a low voice, "I can't, she's too pretty" while shaking his head. He repeated it a couple of times then in a perfectly normal tone said thank you to me as he handed me my receipt.

So, scary or sweet?

You decide.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment