Sunday, July 8, 2012

Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas 2012 - Part 2

This was the EDC's second time in Vegas. It was three nights of dancing and fun at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, from 7 at night until 5:30 in the morning. Not so unusual for Vegas, especially in the hot weather. The music was provided by a full line up of DJs and electronic music acts from the U.S., the U.K., the Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany, Canada, Iran, Sweden, Australia, Belgium, Israel, Austria, Colombia, New Zealand, Russia, Indonesia, Egypt, Spain, and Slovenia. I have to admit that I have not heard of any of the acts that performed, but rest assured I will be checking them out. I'm always game to check out music that moves.  

The event was covered by Rolling Stone, L.A. Times, Billboard, and the Las Vegas Sun, among others. You can even see the L.A. Weekly's Top Ten Awkward Electric Daisy Carnival Dance Move GIFs.

From what I was told by EDC-goers there were about 110,000 to 115,000 people in attendance each night. Everyone I spoke with raved (no pun intended) about what a great time they had and that I should go as well. I was intrigued but I hadn't packed the proper clothing, which included neon leggings, tutus, rainbow-colored furry boots, nothing but a pair of sparkly shorts if you were so inclined, or even strategically placed body paint, among other things. And that was just for the girls.





The seven stages were brightly lit. There were colorful carnival rides, glowing neon dinosaurs and other creatures, a white living room, laser light shows, and fireworks.

And lots of happy and really nice people.

Like Aurora and Thug Nasty:


And this group of kids who happily posed for me:


And I only ran into two "unpleasant" EDC-goers the entire time:

 
He was pretty rude and she was a little 'cheeky'. I hope they lost their bad attitudes and had fun at EDC.

So the moral of the story is, if you're young or even young at heart, like music, bright neon colors, dancing, and having fun, check out EDC. It may show up at a town near you some day.

Or you can just go to Vegas next June. 




No comments:

Post a Comment