Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reasons Why I Love to Drive

Yesterday I was driving down a road in a line of traffic that had one lane going in each direction, 45 m.p.h. speed limit, middle lane for turning lined on each side by double yellow lines. I was minding my own business when a green pick-up truck flew out of a parking lot on the left side of the street into the center lane, but instead of staying in the middle until it was safe to merge he headed straight for me. I jerked the wheel, kicked up dust on the shoulder and laid on the horn. Because I was already there and kept going on the shoulder before getting back in the lane, when he pulled out and into me, he ended up behind me, cutting off the car behind me who also laid on their horn.

And naturally he ends up next to me at the light as I am going straight and he is turning right. And my windows were open....

He gives me the finger and starts to yell at me, telling me that I should have changed lanes for him and it was my fault. I was a good girl and rolled up my window, resisting the urge to yell back and tell him what an absolute moron he was.

It's been awhile since I took driver's ed, but I'm pretty sure the shoulder of the road is not considered a driving lane.

So to Mr. Green Truck driver, pffft. And next time, take the bus or walk. Your fellow drivers would really appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment