Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beekman Arms, the Tavern

After our waiter took our order his order pad and checks went flying out of his hands and landed on the floor in a mess at my feet. I jokingly asked if that were the ghosts here at work and he laughed. Of course I asked him if the place was haunted and he said that from what he'd heard the various ghost hunters who'd investigated hadn't had much luck.

If you think that put me off from taking pictures you haven't been reading my blog.

And even if I were put off, who could resist taking pictures of a place that has seen so much of the history of our great country?

So, complete with orbs here and there, are pictures of the interior of the Beekman Arms.

This is in the tavern area. If you enlarge the picture you'll see an orb by the door on the upper left.

Another picture of the tavern area, orb-free.

A small dining room off the side of the tavern area. I took two pictures in a row of this area and the orb you see in the upper left appeared in both in the same place.


The sitting area, orb on door in the second picture.


An old rifle or musket.

The Beekman Room, orb-less.


More of the tavern area. (Yes, with an orb.)


The fireplace:

 Two more dining areas:

The Greenhouse Room:
The doorknocker:

The Beekman Arms is so worth a visit, if only because it is unique among the many places still standing so closely tied to our history that you can actually look and touch. You can sit and eat and drink where George Washington and many other historical figures did.

And that is cool.







1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... The Market House Tavern

    ReplyDelete