Sunday, June 3, 2012

Um, Okay Department

I married my high school sweetheart. By the time I married him we were long done with high school and he was no longer a sweetheart. In spite of the fact that he was abusive is most of the ways one could be abusive in a relationship, I still wanted to marry him. I can only plead stupidity. Maybe some day I will provide details hereabouts, but it was not a total waste of time. I have plenty of material for my books in progress. And I won't have to pay him a percentage should any of them become successful.

We finally got divorced, at my instigation, although we'd been apart for a long time because he decided to get one of his "women" (I use the term in quotes because all of his "women" knew he was married but didn't hesitate to get involved with him so ...) pregnant while we were married and actually suggested I help him raise the child. It took me just under ten years to get the message, but once I did I never looked back. And today I am married to the most amazing man, so it all worked out for me. Not so much for him but that karma, she's looking out for those of us who've been done wrong one time or another. We've been divorced since 12/30/1999. Funnily enough I cannot remember when we got married.

He still calls now and then, but I am not quite sure why. It's always something stupid, and my husband and I get a good laugh out of it.

Recently one of my sisters had a birthday. He texted her and wished her a happy birthday, said they needed to get together for cocktails, and then said "I miss you". 

I had to read the text for myself, I did not believe her at first.

After another round of good laughs, this time including my sister (I have multiple sisters, older and younger, none of which approved of him.), I thought to myself, wtf? I mean, really? "I miss you"? And yeah, he always texts me on my birthday but it's just "Happy Birthday". Maybe because he knows better.

But then again, he was shocked that I got married again because he told me that I was such a loser no guy would ever want me, so I might as well just wait for him to get tired of the girl he got pregnant (she dragged him to the altar as soon as the ink was dry on our divorce) because he'd come back eventually.

Um, okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment