Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Didn't Kill It

Two Christmases ago we got a present that sort of fell by the wayside. Not because we didn't appreciate it. It was a plant in a box, billed as an Amaryllis, and my spring/summer/fall gardener figured that I would plant it when the weather was safe. I put it somewhere where I wouldn't forget about it and forgot about it. And of course I didn't read the box. 

Until a few weeks ago.

I found it recently and this time I read the box. Apparently it is an indoor plant. Because it was given to us by someone special I decided to give it a whirl, carefully following the directions even though I was sure it was pretty dead.

Much to my surprise something started happening. A very pretty something.





I'm glad I didn't kill it! And next time I receive on of these I'll plant it sooner, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment