Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I know a lot of people are celebrating this day eating corned beef and cabbage and/or drinking green beer.  I am spending the day remembering all those St. Patrick's Day celebrations at Mom's.

She would always have two giant pots of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions simmering on the stove, enough for all of us kids (and friends who tagged along) to have our fill and leftovers for days.

I don't really eat meat (my biology professor Dad's fault), but I loved the rest of the goodness stewing in those pots. One of my favorites was the onions, small whole onions that were so tender they melted in your mouth. Once my Mom discovered how much I loved them she started putting extras in just for me.

I can still taste how good it all was. 

Some day I may try to make it myself. Or maybe not. I don't want to spoil the memory with an imitation not quite up to par.


So here's to Mom, shown above in all her awesomeness alongside her equally awesome sister.

Love you Mom, and thanks for all those delicious CB&C dinners!!!

xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment