Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Cat Came Back

One week ago today the Boy (otherwise known as the Cat) had his first ever encounter with anesthesia. I was a basket case the whole week leading up to the incident, and my sister helpfully boosted my confidence by informing me in a very serious tone that her 125-pound dog's heart stopped while under when she (the dog) had surgery the month prior. I was certain that my 8.5 pound cat was a goner.

However, I am happy to report that the Boy came through with flying colors and is recovering nicely. After 5 days of huddling upstairs in the bed he has returned to his favorite spot by the fireplace and if his tummy bump is any indication he is gaining weight again. His little shaved leg still looks a bit pathetic but the fur will grow back.


Thanks very much to the wonderful folks at The Village Animal Clinic for taking such good care of him!


Keep your fingers crossed for good news at his follow-up appointment in a few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment