Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bouchercon Rocked!

Bouchercon was a lot of fun this year, but hectic. I had the chance to chat with my favorite author, Elizabeth George, whose books I lugged in 2 suitcases to get signed. It was awesome to hear her speak as well. I've had the pleasure before, but now that I've written a book of my own her words meant that much more.


I also had the pleasure of meeting Mary Higgins Clark and her daughter Carol Higgins Clark. They were both delightful ladies and I enjoy their books as well. They sat side by side at the book signing, cheerfully signing hundreds of books, if not more.
The book room was the heart and soul of the conference (although some might argue that it was the bar) where authors signed, people caught up, and books were in abundance!

My favorite panel was a discussion of characters by Charlaine Harris, Daniel Palmer, Brad Parks, Alison Gaylin, Elizabeth George, and Don Bruns.
 
There were tables full of author promos and free books. It was hard to choose what to take home for further perusing!

 
 
 
 
Opening ceremonies were at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. More on that later, in the meantime here is a picture of what we saw when we first walked up.

Bouchercon and Cleveland had a lot to offer this year. Coming up, posts on the House of Blues, where Heather Graham hosted an awesome party, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Melt, Paranormal Hotel Cleveland, and Tower City. 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment