Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pieces of April

April is a neat month, and not just because it is the month in which I was born. It so happens that it is also the month in which my husband and two dearly loved (and one too soon lost) cats were born. As a matter of fact, we were all born within 5 days of each other.

Today is Easter Sunday. A day of hope, and joy, and family, and good friends, and dinner. More things to others I am sure. It is a good day to look back on the sad things of the recent past and leave them there. It is a good day to take some of those things and learn from them. The lesson is that if you define your self-worth by how others treat you, others who have their own narrow views of the world around them, you may never discover how special you really are. (My husband has been trying to drill this in my head and I think he's finally succeeding.)

April is also full of spring. Some may say showers but we need the rain to make the flowers grow so why complain? It is a month in which the wind loses her chill and becomes a breeze, and the sun actually warms you when you step outside.

It is also the month for Passover, a holiday I admit I don't know much about although I do know it is very important to those who observe it.

There is Earth Day, Arbor Day, and World Health Day. We remember the Holocaust this month.

It is also the month in which many of us file our taxes, play tricks on folks, and the anniversary month of the Titanic tragedy.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite 'Pieces of April', courtesy of Three Dog Night and Dave Loggins. (This will take you to YouTube.)


No comments:

Post a Comment